- Unemployed percentage in the River Valley
- Print: unemployed percentage versus the number of people signed up for unemployment versus the amount of job openings at a given time. This medium would give the reader a look on the numbers and would include interviews the reader would want answered and who their tax money is going to compared to those not trying to find work in the River Valley and beyond.
- Video: I would interview the unemployment office and let the viewer insight on how the system at the office works and problems that should be solved. I would also go to different unemployment offices in the River Valley within a 50 mile radius and let the viewer see the amount of workers and people at the office at a given time.
- Infographic: an infographic would allow the reader to view the process in which the unemployment office approves and declines offers to the unemployed. I would use a video infograhic to show the complex process in a clear way.
- Audio:record quotes and audible emotions from the people that work at the office, the citizens gaining unemployment, also any public opinion that can be captured through recording that would like to give insight on their opinion of the amount of people gaining unemployment. Also would use audio to obtain any information that I cannot gain through text (emotional appeal)
- Photo: show the viewer location sights where one can sign up for unemployment as well as the amount of people on the given day in line at the office.
- Increase or decrease of admission in the River Valley public schools K-12
- Print: the amount of people in each school in the area, Russellville, Dardanelle, Atkins, Hector, and Ola. This medium would show the different numbers of enrolled students in different parts of the community through text.
- Video: show the traffic and every day strain on parents, bus drivers, and students getting to and from school. I would also need to interview people at each school and get different opinions at each school district.
- Infograhic: A video infographic would show the viewer the percentages and numbers I have obtained from my print medium in a more clear way comparing the numbers from enrollment in the past 5 years.
- Audio: record quotes from school officials and school police officer who is in charge of traffic flow and keep organization within the school also any public member that may have children in the schools that would like to express any comments of compliments of the traffic, school buildings, or their child’s concerns for the daily school agenda.
- Photo: show the viewer the location of the schools and the amount of students present when school lets out, this still shot would allow for a physical appearance to show the increased enrollment.
i. A follow-up would be needed if any school plans on buying more buses, hiring more teachers, or build any new buildings for classrooms.
- Nighttime curfew laws in the community
- Print: gather information on the amount of people from 11 p.m to 4 a.m from police officials in a 50 mile radius and show the reader that the plethora of people on the street is nothing to worry about due to the amount of people working at the nighttime in factories, gas stations, etc.
- Video: show a time elapsed video for a given community and show the viewer the amount of people that walk the streets or are out causing commotion. This video image would also show the viewer the number of police cars on duty for that evening.
- Infographic: show the viewer the number of people working at nighttime has increased over the years and show the viewer the process in which police officers take to determine if the pedestrian is safe or unsafe to the public.
- Audio: record quotes from workers who work late at night and that walk home from work to show the reader a positive outlook on the situation. I would also ask what time the breaks would occur each evening and times he/she gets off work to let listeners listen first hand at which times the streets/sidewalks are busy at night in their community.
- Photo: get a photo from the elapsed time video to show the viewer that not all people at night that break curfew are dangerous to the community.