This video though. I have never looked at couples like I did Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo. From laughing and kissing in the bed then the way she lays on top of the piano as he plays this melodic romantic song. I was in tears by the end of the song. Derulo’s album, “Tattoos” (Jordin Sparks inspired from her late 2009 hit single?) features the song and his other two hits, “The Other Side” and “Talk Dirty” have been on the iTunes top selling singles for weeks now. This video will help with the sales of not only the hit, but his album in general. At the end of the video Derulo proposes to his finance since 2012 and the love and the connection shows super well through the video. His finance took off work to help nurture his neck and his attention when he broke his neck and collarbone during a show in Toronto. This couple is the couple of the decade and I can not wait what is in store with is growing career and their relationship. Twerk team, this guy deserves much respect.
Archive for September, 2013
Ever since the release of Justin Timberlake’s “20/20 Experience” album the beginning of August fans and listeners have responded positively with thousands upon thousands of views of “Mirrors” (see earlier blog on the number one hit!) and of course everyone’s favorite, “Suit and Tie”. Timberlake’s newest song, “Take Back the Night” has opened the ears of listeners with melodic sounds of the jazz inspired performer. In the video, Timberlake explores the streets of New York City with danced moves that look similar to his NSYNC roots, which I enjoy (see earlier blog to read about my experience watching NSYNC’s performance). The video was released late last month and the song a few weeks prior to the video. It took listeners a few weeks to raise of record of Timberlake to the top charts, but I think it is because of all the Timberlake songs and features on the radio. Including, his collaboration with Jay-Z on “Holy Grail”. Timberlake is everywhere and I will be where he wants me to be and I will love every song he produces, he is talented, inspiring, and handsome. Timberlake, I will be ready when you decide to do a reunion tour with the boys of NYSNC and so will my twerk team.
It has came across to me I have not done an evaluation on Robin Thicke’s hit song, “Blurred Lines”, which happens to really get me going when I am driving considering it comes on after every other song; welcome to radio. Robin Thicke’s song featuring T.I and Pharrell has become a huge success for the Canadian native and has become such a powerful performer regardless of some 20-year old naive girl with a foam finger that doubled as her penis in the MTV Music Video Awards. The video is safe which is a safe bet for the new artist the video shows three girls dancing in slutty clothing with red lipstick singing and licking the sides of Thicke’s clothing. Also, zero of the three girls are his finance which I find uncomfortable. The video is simple and that is what I like about Thicke. The song is overplayed but continues to make me turn my station dial up a notch, therefore, I really enjoy the song and cannot wait to see what the next move is for the sexy taken singer. Twerk team, you know the song, love it.
I never thought that a such a childish song would be on iTunes top 10 songs of the week, but I secretly dance to the song in my spare time. “What Does the Fox Say” has blasted to the top of charts on the radio, YouTube, and iTunes. The Norwegian comedy duo has brought over 54 million views on YouTube in the past three weeks. The video is set in the forest with Abercrombie models dancing to the sounds of Ylvis with characters dressed with black noses and fur ears. Personally, the video sucks, but I think the viewer clientele are single woman who wish they could figure out what does a fox really say and women who enjoy staring at shirtless men with perfectly chiseled abs. The audio answer to the lifelong question has been answered in the song and viewers and fans are responding positively with parodies of the song/video with the following plethora of responses to the question in different fox vocalizations:
– “A-hee-ahee ha-hee”
Twerk team, enjoy jumping and spilling your vodka-crans all over your friends to this hit that answers the lifelong question, “What Does the Fox Say”.
Miley is at it again with new video, “23” that features Wiz Khalifa , Mike Will Made it, and Juicy J with their unnecessary moaning and groaning over a schools PA system. In the video Miley plays a character that acts as a student in a high school that plays hooky and takes over the school’s gym with a pep rally that involves Miley dancing and singing. Personally, if I was about to leave school for a pep rally hosted by Cyrus I would stay in my class. Miley tweeted, “Get #23 to a million and imma start #bangerz line countdown” Sources are saying that her album “Bangerz” will hit store late November. E! News interviewed Juicy J who collaborated with Cyrus in 23 and on her album J stated, “I never thought I would collaborate with Miley Cyrus, but I am so glad it happened. It’s like not even real to me! I have to pinch myself. It’s almost like a dream come true ’cause she is super talented. We made a lot of great records together.” This poor rapper was probably paid tons of money by Billy Ray for her baby girl to have a rapper on her album. Did I mention Wiz Khalifa moans through the whole song. Please watch the video and shake your head just like we did while we watched “Wrecking Ball”. Viewers are calling her video “sexy, different, and sleazy” , I call it “nasty and slutty”. Twerk team, Miley is not our friend.
- Unemployed percentage in the River Valley
- Print: unemployed percentage versus the number of people signed up for unemployment versus the amount of job openings at a given time. This medium would give the reader a look on the numbers and would include interviews the reader would want answered and who their tax money is going to compared to those not trying to find work in the River Valley and beyond.
- Video: I would interview the unemployment office and let the viewer insight on how the system at the office works and problems that should be solved. I would also go to different unemployment offices in the River Valley within a 50 mile radius and let the viewer see the amount of workers and people at the office at a given time.
- Infographic: an infographic would allow the reader to view the process in which the unemployment office approves and declines offers to the unemployed. I would use a video infograhic to show the complex process in a clear way.
- Audio:record quotes and audible emotions from the people that work at the office, the citizens gaining unemployment, also any public opinion that can be captured through recording that would like to give insight on their opinion of the amount of people gaining unemployment. Also would use audio to obtain any information that I cannot gain through text (emotional appeal)
- Photo: show the viewer location sights where one can sign up for unemployment as well as the amount of people on the given day in line at the office.
- Increase or decrease of admission in the River Valley public schools K-12
- Print: the amount of people in each school in the area, Russellville, Dardanelle, Atkins, Hector, and Ola. This medium would show the different numbers of enrolled students in different parts of the community through text.
- Video: show the traffic and every day strain on parents, bus drivers, and students getting to and from school. I would also need to interview people at each school and get different opinions at each school district.
- Infograhic: A video infographic would show the viewer the percentages and numbers I have obtained from my print medium in a more clear way comparing the numbers from enrollment in the past 5 years.
- Audio: record quotes from school officials and school police officer who is in charge of traffic flow and keep organization within the school also any public member that may have children in the schools that would like to express any comments of compliments of the traffic, school buildings, or their child’s concerns for the daily school agenda.
- Photo: show the viewer the location of the schools and the amount of students present when school lets out, this still shot would allow for a physical appearance to show the increased enrollment.
i. A follow-up would be needed if any school plans on buying more buses, hiring more teachers, or build any new buildings for classrooms.
- Nighttime curfew laws in the community
- Print: gather information on the amount of people from 11 p.m to 4 a.m from police officials in a 50 mile radius and show the reader that the plethora of people on the street is nothing to worry about due to the amount of people working at the nighttime in factories, gas stations, etc.
- Video: show a time elapsed video for a given community and show the viewer the amount of people that walk the streets or are out causing commotion. This video image would also show the viewer the number of police cars on duty for that evening.
- Infographic: show the viewer the number of people working at nighttime has increased over the years and show the viewer the process in which police officers take to determine if the pedestrian is safe or unsafe to the public.
- Audio: record quotes from workers who work late at night and that walk home from work to show the reader a positive outlook on the situation. I would also ask what time the breaks would occur each evening and times he/she gets off work to let listeners listen first hand at which times the streets/sidewalks are busy at night in their community.
- Photo: get a photo from the elapsed time video to show the viewer that not all people at night that break curfew are dangerous to the community.
Although the music video for Britney Spears’ new song “Work B***” is not out, the audio for the song is on Spears’ Vevo featured on YouTube and also featured on iTunes. I just could not refrain from not posting something about the new “hit”. Personally, Britney was my hero when I was in elementary school and middle school when I did not know what music was. But, Brit Brit was there for me, taught me how to walk down my hallway in a tube top and a denim skirt and wear snakes on my neck if I felt self conscious. All these things were life changing lessons in which Spears helped me through with song, dance, and video. Looks like I am going to save my “Britney Spears Greatest Hits” album for a rainy day when her new album comes out, because this song was so upsetting to listen to. With the help of Will.I.Am Britney’s new eight upcoming album will be under the direction and help of the Black Eyed Peas star and will be featured in a song on the album. Hopefully it will not be like their trashy hit, “Scream and Shout”. I can not wait for the album because if it is going to be as bad as the debut single Miley Cyrus will finally be out of the spotlight. Spears, do better.
In Daft Punk’s new single, “Lose Yourself to Dance” we see the featured phenomenon from Bruno Mars’ “Treasure” video equipped with the 70’s groove editing look to the music video. Even though Daft Punk has a certain audience that they pertain to, I personally enjoy the song and the auto tune sounds of the musicians. The single itself, will make anyone swing their hips and start to disco, but I didn’t because all Daft Punk’s songs sound the exact same. The audience can see the video as a top hit for the week, but will probably decline after next week when people start to realize that robot characters playing keys, guitar, and drums is not cool, at all. Pharrell is featured in the song and video as the main singer and one might feel as if that the song is Pharell’s not Daft Punk. Daft Punk’s new single “Get Lucky” was a huge success due to DP’s comeback all the way from France where they are from. “Lose Yourself to Dance” has also been a huge success in Sweden, UK, Scotland, and France, and unfortunately will slowly climb its way to the chart top hits on the radio in America as it plays over and over just like “Get Lucky”. So, if you like robots, your favorite time era is set in the 70’s, and you enjoy auto tune with Pharrel accompanying, you will love this song by Daft Punk. Twerk team, no, just no.
One of the hottest hits and videos of the week on Vevo has been Selena Gomez’s new song “Slow Down”. The new hit single has been blowing up radio stations worldwide and Gomez’s new sound is for a more mature crowd than the one she worked with during her days at Disney Channel. Even though she dropped her new hit this past summer on iTunes. Radio stations didn’t start playing the single August 13th; viewers and listeners have just discovered the new vibe and soul Gomez puts on her new record, “Stars Dance” which was in late August. Gomez’s other debut song for the album was, “When You Are Ready Come And Get It” and listeners loved her after that with her new mature tone and attitude. In the video, Gomez shows off her attitude as she shows that women are the ones who run the relationship and give direction. The video was filmed in Paris, France and shows Gomez having fun and dancing and riding around in a Mercedes Benz. Gomez is running the show and rocking the charts with her album with help from this pulsating power anthem single. Bieber watch out, Gomez is back and more powerful than ever. Twerk team, love Gomez!
This weeks’ videos will all be from the top 10 music videos for the week. We all know Miley Cyrus is at it again, but this time she has brought a construction equipment and wearing nothing, but a smile and the regret she wears on her sleeve from her VMA performance. Cyrus’s video has received much hate and started conservatory over her nude video about her ex boyfriend that she was about to engage. Liam Hemsworth has yet to comment on her video and performance at the VMA’s. I have been blogging on Cyrus’s last video, “We Can’t Stop”, and asked an important question, “Why?” She wants attention and needs attention. Maybe she needs attention from a psychological clinical and from her family. Personally, I think she is on a wrecking ball because she knows she is a total wreck. My question is, where is Billy Ray during all this commotion? He needs to get his “achy, breaky, heart” to her side ASAP. Twerk team, keep far away from Cyrus and further away from any construction equipment.